BRITISH RED ENSIGN 3X5' FLAG
- MADE OF LIGHT WEIGHT POLYESTER MATERIAL
- BRIGHT VIBRANT COLORS THROUGHOUT
- PRINTED ON ONE SIDE ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE FABRIC
- DOUBLE STITCHING FOR DURABILITY
- WHITE HEADER AND METAL GROMMETS
- NICE FLAG FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOORS
The Red Ensign or "Red Duster" flag that originated in the early 17th century as an English Ensign flown by the British Royal Navy and later specifically by British Merchant Seamen. The precise date of its first appearance is not known, but surviving receipts indicate that the Navy was paying to have such flags sewn during the 1620s. It is currently used as the civil ensign of the United Kingdom.